The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series, the leading producer of regulatory focused webcasts has announced today that Kim Nicholl, Managing Director, Leader, Public Sector Retirement Consulting Practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP will speak at the Knowledge Congress’ webcast entitled: “The Rocky Road for 401(k) Plans”. This event is scheduled for July 23, 2009, at 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT. (For further details, please visit: http://knowledgecongress.org/event_2009_Rocky.htmll)
401(k)’s have long been considered as a rock solid way to plan for retirement. In the wake of the recent economic Tsunami, personal wealth has plunged leaving many employees form the executive suite to the mail room scrambling to reassess their 401(k) next egg. Studies have shown that many employees remain uneasy about their investment options and are holding off until the markets stabilize. People are fearful and in some cases angry leading forcing some companies to shutter their 401(k) plans.
The Rocky Road for 401(k) plans live Webcast will provide benefits, finance executives, and fund manager with a comprehensive update on this topic. A key panel of thought leaders and experts will cover many of the most critical issues surrounding the 401(K) crisis with the goal to help you navigate through the pitfalls in the wake of these turbulent economic times.
About Kim Nicholl
Kim Nicholl is a managing director and leader of PricewaterhouseCoopers Public Sector Retirement Consulting practice. She has over 25 years of experience, 15 of which includes supporting the design and financing of retirement and other employee benefit programs. Kim has actuarial and consulting experience with a wide variety of clients in the corporate and public sectors. Her experience includes all aspects of employee benefit programs.
• Supervising, reviewing, and certifying actuarial valuations and studies for defined benefit retirement plans and postretirement health care plans, including FASB disclosure for corporate clients and GASB disclosure for public pension plans.
• Consulting on design and interpretation of plan provisions for defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans and their relationship to ERISA, IRS regulations, and new legislation.
• Analyzing benefits provided from defined benefit, defined contribution and postretirement health care plans for purposes of restating retirement income policies, with recommendations based on client goals.
• Performing experience analysis studies resulting in changes to actuarial assumptions used in the actuarial valuations of defined benefit retirement plans.
• Performing asset/liability modeling studies for large retirement plans, including projection forecasts under various funding and investment scenarios, resulting in recommended changes to investment and funding policy.
• National Director of Governmental Consulting, Buck Consultants, 1993 - 2007.
Education & Achievements
• B.S. in Mathematics from Loyola University
• Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
• Member of the American Academy of Actuaries
• Enrolled Actuary under ERISA
• Frequent speaker and presenter at professional organizations and to Boards of public pension funds
PricewaterhouseCoopers provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and enhance value for its clients and their stakeholders. More than 146,000 people in 150 countries across their network share their thinking, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice.
For more information about Kim Nicholl, and PricewaterhouseCoopers, please visit: http://www.pwc.com.
About The Knowledge Group, LLC/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series
The Knowledge Congress is a series of live webcasts produced by The Knowledge Group, LLC, which examine trends, regulatory, and technology changes across a variety of industries. “We bring together the world's leading authorities and industry participants through informative two-hour webcast that study the impact of changing regulations and help businesses succeed through proper regulatory compliance.” To contact or to register to an event, please visit: www.knowledgecongress.org.