Ixia has always been a significant player in the GE testing market. Over the last few years, the company has increased market share through product innovation, intelligent planning, and strategic acquisitions. In October 2009, Ixia acquired the N2X testing division of Agilent in order to diversify its holdings and solidify its presence in the Asian and European markets. Through its FUSION program, Ixia has leveraged Agilent's technologies to provide increased testing coverage and flexibility to its customer base around the world.
In keeping with its dedication to innovation, Ixia was the first to introduce higher speed Ethernet (HSE) interfaces for 40 Gbps and 100 Gbps in 2008. Ixia is the preeminent leader in HSE testing with its "K2" 40/100 GE load modules. HSE load modules are available today with full layer 2-7 testing, including bit error rate testing (BERT), employing native CFP MSA and QSFP transceivers.
As wireline and wireless networks converge and become a new model of data transmission, Ixia will remain a leader in GE testing by developing new testing solutions that meet the needs of an ever-changing networking landscape.
- In 2009, the total world GE test equipment market generated revenues of $572.0 million, which was an increase of 6.4% over that of 2008.
- Ixia was the leader in the worldwide pre-deployment GE test equipment market in 2009, with a share of 43.5%.
- Ixia continued its leadership position in the worldwide 10 GE test equipment market in 2009, with a share of 28.1%.
- The leading participant in the total GE test equipment market in 2009 was Ixia, with a market share of 27.1%. The company is an excellent example of a test equipment company that has been able to offer state-of-the-art test solutions to its customers.
- Ixia successfully completed strategic acquisitions to expand geographic presence and increase its product portfolio. Ixia acquired Agilent Technologies' N2X data network testing product line in October 2009, an instrumental step in achieving the company's leadership position in this market.