"The symposium offers a rare opportunity for distinguished leaders to come together to explore the impact analytics can have on an organization," said Jane Griffin, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP and Americas analytics leader. "This is especially important at a time when so many organizations are turning to analytics to justify and identify where they should invest. Today's analytics tools give executives the ability to look retrospectively at what happened and why, and help them predict what will likely unfold in the future."
Building on the success of last year's inaugural Deloitte Analytics Symposium, panel discussions will address how to:
- Discover opportunities for analytics initiatives
- Overcome challenges to becoming an analytics driven organization
- Build momentum to achieve the benefits of analytics
- Understand the role of technology in analytics
- Utilize mobility in conjunction with analytics programs
- Interact with hands on, touch screen analytics through the Deloitte Analytics HIVE
Deloitte senior executives include:
- Jane Griffin, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP, Americas analytics leader
- Lee Dittmar, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Bill Briggs, director, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Other client and academic speakers include:
- Tom Davenport, President's Distinguished Professor of IT and Management, Babson College, independent senior advisor to Deloitte Analytics
- Kevin Harrington, director, Information Technology, Avnet, Inc.
- Darrell Riekena, director of Enterprise Information Management, Target Corporation
- John Schweitzer, senior vice president, Business Analytics and Technology - North America, SAP
- Alan Simon, professional services director, MicroStrategy
- Paul Rodwick, vice president, Product Management, Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Corporation
- Daniel Bravo, vice president, Business Intelligence, Travelers Insurance
- Wayne Winston, professor of operations and decision technologies, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University
- Scott Mitchell, chairman and chief executive officer, Open Compliance & Ethics Group
- Vasant Dhar, Paduano Fellow, professor, head of the Information Systems Group, director for the Center for Digital Economy Research, Stern School of Business, New York University, founder, Data Mining Systems
- Michael Goul, professor and chair, Department of Information Systems, W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University
For the full agenda and list of participants for the symposium, please visit http://www.deloitte.com/us/dasymposium2011. Track daily updates by following Deloitte Business Analytics on Twitter @DeloitteBA, #DASymposium.
Deloitte, a leader in audit, tax, consulting, risk, and financial advisory services, has delivered analytics related services and solutions to clients for decades in support of such areas as business intelligence, forensic and regulatory investigations, performance management, advanced analytics, data management and more.