Denison Research Associate Ryan Smerek, PhD., will co-present a session entitled "Smoke and Mirrors or the Real Deal? Leadership Development with Results" on June 1,, 2009, from 4:00-5:30 pm, Room #206. Smerek will be joined by the following presenters:
- Edward Visker Colonel, U.S. Army (Ret.), Deputy Commander, Defense Logistics Agency
- Paula Kluczynski, manager of the DLA's centralized new leader development program
- Linda Shaffer-Vanaria , president and founder of Enterprise Coaching of Carlsbad, CA
The ASTD session will address the impact of leadership development in the DLA from four different perspectives: business leader, program manager, lead coach, and research associate. Information discussed will include:
* how leadership development can be implemented into a highly-demanding, fast-paced global organization, like the DLA;
* how improvements in leadership were assessed using the Denison Leadership Development Survey; and
* the measureable changes in leadership behavior that document real evidence and impact to DLA's bottom line.
The DLA is one of the largest government agencies that provides an annual $40 billion of logistics support to the U.S. Department of Defense and has assisted relief efforts for Hurricane Katrina, the 2007 California fires, and other natural disasters around the globe.
About Denison Consulting
Denison Consulting provides the world's best research-based tools and assessment solutions designed to improve the bottom-line performance of leaders, teams, and organizations. Used by more than 5,000 organizations globally, Denison's organizational culture, leadership, and team surveys allow organizations, leaders, and teams to identify strengths and weaknesses that impact sales profitability, quality, innovation, employee satisfaction, customer satisfaction, and financial performance. Based in Ann Arbor, MI, Denison has offices worldwide in North America, Europe and Asia, as well as a global network of licensed distributors, consultants and researchers.